Sunday, July 22, 2012

The Value of a Man....

I can admit I am not a perfect man, I wish and I work for it everyday, but I'm not perfect. I constantly go to the gym, but just never have been able to cut those notorious 6 packs that I see in Muscle mag. When I'm tired yes I put anything anywhere. I misspell words and every now and then I find myself in the drive-thru of In-N-Out. When it comes to women I can say I have never cheated and I have dedicated my all to my relationships.

My fault has been I have allowed myself to be mistreated because "I understand she's been hurt before." In this I took a step back from being the strong person I am to just another guy. It took me a while to realize that this was happening along with other things. I found myself not looking at myself with value. It was like I was saying "I'll take anybody and you take it out on me." I was losing the worth that a man should have for himself.

I've always been told "you're too nice", which I've always found to be funny, but I find that no one ever checks the back story of a person. As a young boy I saw my mother mistreated and as a child, a teenager, young adult, or an adult, you never want to see your parent hurt, I know I didn't. I knew guys that were just complete dogs and they still are til this day. Women say that all men are the same, well, I beg to differ. Every man has different limits, different upbringings, different styles, different mindsets. The reason all of the men in your world are the same is because you continue selecting the same type of man, but that's another conversation.

Women just because a man says yes a lot doesn't mean you will never hear the word no. I can speak for myself when I say yes it's because it's something that I WANT to do, something that I NEED to do, and something I HAVE to do. Sometimes a man just wants to see a woman smile and happy. It doesn't lower my self-worth to say yes. It doesn't make me any less of a man to consistently open the door, ask you how you are doing or how your day was. A man's value is not his shape, skin tone, money or lack there of, his value rest within his character. I value myself as a gentleman, a hard worker, and someone who wants to enjoy life. It is an old school way of doing things, but it's always been said, "if it isn't broken, then don't try to fix it."

No comments:

Post a Comment